Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2734e All-in-One Printer

How can I prevent my printer going into sleep mode? P,ease! To wake it up I have to pull the plug, reboot my device then replug the stupid printer.  S.O.S.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Daphnia,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP DeskJet 2734e printer is going into sleep mode too quickly and causing inconvenience, you can adjust its sleep settings through the printer's control panel or through the HP Smart app if you have it installed on your device. Here's how you can do it.

Using the Control Panel (if available):

• Check your printer's user manual for specific instructions on how to access and navigate the settings menu.
  • Look for an option related to power management, sleep mode, or energy-saving settings.
  • Adjust the sleep mode settings to your preference. You may be able to extend the time before the printer goes into sleep mode or disable it entirely.

Using the HP Smart App:

• If you have the HP Smart app installed on your device, open it.
  • Select your printer from the list of available devices.
  • Navigate to the printer settings or preferences section.
  • Look for options related to sleep mode or power management.
  • Adjust the settings according to your preference.

By adjusting the sleep settings using one of these methods, you should be able to prevent your printer from going into sleep mode too quickly. This way, you won't have to constantly wake it up by pulling the plug and rebooting your device.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Daphnia,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP DeskJet 2734e printer is going into sleep mode too quickly and causing inconvenience, you can adjust its sleep settings through the printer's control panel or through the HP Smart app if you have it installed on your device. Here's how you can do it.

Using the Control Panel (if available):

• Check your printer's user manual for specific instructions on how to access and navigate the settings menu.
  • Look for an option related to power management, sleep mode, or energy-saving settings.
  • Adjust the sleep mode settings to your preference. You may be able to extend the time before the printer goes into sleep mode or disable it entirely.

Using the HP Smart App:

• If you have the HP Smart app installed on your device, open it.
  • Select your printer from the list of available devices.
  • Navigate to the printer settings or preferences section.
  • Look for options related to sleep mode or power management.
  • Adjust the settings according to your preference.

By adjusting the sleep settings using one of these methods, you should be able to prevent your printer from going into sleep mode too quickly. This way, you won't have to constantly wake it up by pulling the plug and rebooting your device.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hiya…thank you so much for the detailed ‘how to’! If I may say I’m a retired techie by vocation whose work involved, in large part, writing up methods of operation for chemical analyses. Often I find that when asking for assistance one gets a ‘Well, it’s easy, just press X…’ which is a throwaway dismissal from one who must ‘cut my legs off to make themselves taller’ type. So, again, thank you! I love this printer, but wish that I could rewrite their User Manual…it terrible! Ye gods, where is the page for ‘Troubkeshooting’ …etc. and so slow, considering HP was at the vanguard of iNet tech…!

You are now on my ‘go to’ list. [I lost my son, 14 months ago, an IT Professional, who was my go-to guy…and I, his go to mum🙏🏻]

Cheers,

Daphnia (a tiny pink sea critter resembling a shrimp, but I’m no shrimp😄), 👩🏼‍💻

HP Recommended

Hi @Daphnia,

Thank you for your response, 

Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.