Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 6055e All-in-One Printer

Hello, product has not been used in over a year, i am at a new residence and attempting to connect to wifi and setup on my device. I’ve restarted the printer, ive tried connecting it to wifi. I cannot solve the issue please let me know what i can do, thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Daisyyyyy,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

To check if your HP ENVY 6055e All-In-One Printer is in good condition and troubleshoot its Wi-Fi connectivity issue, you can follow these steps:

Physical Inspection:

• Check for any visible damage or signs of wear.
  • Ensure all cables are securely connected.
  • Inspect the ink cartridges for any dried ink or damage.

Power Cycle the Printer:

• Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, and wait for about 60 seconds.
  • Plug the printer back in and turn it on.

Check Wi-Fi Connection:

• Make sure the printer is within range of your Wi-Fi router.
  • Ensure the Wi-Fi network is working properly and other devices can connect to it.

Printer Network Settings:

• Print a network configuration page from the printer's control panel to check if it is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network.
  • Refer to your printer's manual for instructions on how to print the network configuration page.

Reconnect to Wi-Fi:

• Access the printer's control panel or HP Smart app to reconnect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your Wi-Fi network's SSID and password.

Update Printer Firmware:

• Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer and install them.
  • Firmware updates can often resolve connectivity issues and improve printer performance. Click here

Reset Printer Network Settings:

• As a last resort, you can reset the printer's network settings to default and set it up again from scratch.
  • Refer to your printer's manual for instructions on how to reset the network settings. Click here

You may also refer to this document for wifi connection issues. 

If the printer still does not connect to Wi-Fi after trying these steps, there may be a hardware issue with the printer that requires further troubleshooting or repair, hence you may have to contact  HP phone support.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.