Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer

FIrst question: Does solid blue light supposed to be on at all times on LaserJet P1102w printer? Or does that light "Go To Sleep".  My computer does see the printer and it is active or online but it only prints after I go to troubleshooting. Ironically troubleshooting does not find a issue but again it only prints if I go and perform a troubleshoot. It was working ok without troubleshooting but after power outages I started having this issue.  I checked for driver updates and it says latest driver is in use. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @rcvaught18,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The solid blue light on your HP LaserJet P1102w is typically an indication that the printer is connected to a wireless network. It should remain solid when the printer is powered on and connected to the network. However, it shouldn't necessarily "go to sleep" or blink if the printer is actively connected to the network and ready to receive print jobs.

The issue you're experiencing could be related to various factors such as network connectivity issues, printer settings, or driver issues. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem.

• Restart Printer: Turn off the printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on. This simple step can sometimes resolve connectivity issues.
  • Check Network Connection: Ensure that the printer is properly connected to your wireless network. You can do this by printing a network configuration page from the printer's control panel or by accessing the printer's web interface (if available) from a computer or mobile device.
  • Reset Network Settings: If the printer is still having trouble connecting to the network, you can try resetting its network settings to factory defaults. Refer to the printer's user manual for instructions on how to do this.
  • Update Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve compatibility issues and improve performance.
  • Reinstall Printer Driver: Even if your computer indicates that the printer driver is up to date, it's possible that there's a glitch in the installed driver. Try uninstalling the printer driver from your computer and then reinstalling it from scratch.
  • Check Power Settings: Make sure that the printer's power-saving settings are configured properly. If the printer is set to enter sleep mode too quickly, it may not respond to print jobs effectively.
  • Check for Interference: Wireless printers can sometimes be affected by interference from other electronic devices or nearby wireless networks. Try moving the printer closer to your wireless router or away from potential sources of interference.

By systematically going through these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue with your HP LaserJet P1102w printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

The fact that my printer is online and I can print when going into troubleshoot tells me that it is not a network issue. I did find the webpage in properties and in device status it says "Non HP cartridge in use". Could this be the reason it doesn't print unless I do a troubleshoot? I just recently installed a new toner cartridge but the box doesn't say HP on it. 

HP Recommended

Hi @rcvaught18,

Thank you for your response, 

This needs one-on-one interaction hence I'm sending a private message to assist you with the next action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.