Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 6055 All-In-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A new wifi router was installed and everything in my home connects fine except for my printer. I held the button for 3 seconds and the i button on the panel to get the wireless quick start guide. I followed directions and the printer has a steady purple glow with blinking blue wifi symbol on the panel. I use the HP app on my iPhone and on the ThinkPad laptop. My phone keeps "searching for printers" and I am connected to the new WiFi. I have tried "set up a new printer" AND "add a printer that's already set up" but it cannot be located and keeps "searching for printers."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I tried this, but the circle kept spinning. Using Facebook messenger HP Support, I was told to open the top of the printer to expose the cartridge area. Then, hold the reset and power button for 3 seconds. The glow was light blue but nothing happened. Then, I pressed just the reset button for 3 seconds (with the top open) and the purple glow returned and it connected!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @bluebirdoutside 

Press and hold Wireless button on the back of the printer for at least three seconds.

1.jpg

Then the printer enters the Auto Wireless Connect (AWC) setup mode. It keeps searching and waiting for the HP Smart app
to connect within about two hours, and then stops searching

HP Recommended

I tried this, but the circle kept spinning. Using Facebook messenger HP Support, I was told to open the top of the printer to expose the cartridge area. Then, hold the reset and power button for 3 seconds. The glow was light blue but nothing happened. Then, I pressed just the reset button for 3 seconds (with the top open) and the purple glow returned and it connected!

HP Recommended

PS and I also uninstalled the HP app on my phone and reinstalled.

HP Recommended

Hello community users!

The installation instructions at the following link may also help:

Printer setup guide for:HP ENVY 6055 All-In-One Printer

SofiaML
HP Support Community

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.