Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

We have a printer at the end of its life, an HP Laser Jet P4015x from 2010. What would a comparable newer version be? Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

How many pages you have printed? 

P4015X is probably one of the best printers HP ever made, keep it running as long as you can, all modern printers can't print as half the P4015x can.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply! We have printed 30,957 envelopes and 99,259 pages. I'm not sure how that usage compares to the normal life? According to the primary user the printer has been jamming after every few pages lately.

HP Recommended

That is low, this model can print like 500k pages up to 1M.

It is probably worn out paper feed rollers that need to be replaced, it is cheap and easy to fix.

I would recommend you get new rollers p/n RM1-0037 x 2 and p/n RM1-0036 x 1 for each tray, if you have two trays then double it. It's like 5 minute job to replace on both trays.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the advice! We will give this a try!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.