Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Deskjet 3632 has been turned off for 5 1/2 years. Having trouble getting it online. Ink is probably dried up. It shows ink is full. i  icon is blinking but cannot print the message due to not printing. Is my printer still eligible for instant ink?. i am using a new computer than the one i was using 5 1/2 years ago. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @lin97,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your HP Deskjet 3632 might be experiencing several issues after being inactive for such a long time. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem.

• Clean the Print Head: If the ink has dried up, it might be clogging the print head. Most printers have a utility in the settings menu that allows you to clean the print head. Running this utility might help clear any dried ink and improve print quality.
  • Replace the Ink Cartridges: Even if the printer shows that the ink is full, the cartridges might have dried up over time. Try replacing the ink cartridges with new ones and see if that resolves the issue.
  • Update Printer Drivers: Since you're using a new computer, make sure you have the latest printer drivers installed. You can usually download them from the HP website. Updated drivers might provide better compatibility and performance.
  • Check Printer Connection: Ensure that the printer is properly connected to your computer, either via USB or through a wireless connection. Sometimes a loose connection can prevent the printer from working correctly.
  • Check for Firmware Updates: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Firmware updates can fix bugs and improve overall performance.

Regarding your eligibility for HP Instant Ink, you should be able to enroll in the service regardless of how long your printer has been inactive. However, it's best to check the eligibility requirements on the HP Instant Ink website.

I hope these suggestions help you get your printer back up and running.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.