Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet MFP M234dwe Printer

printer 234dw

everytime i change the cartridge my printer stops working

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Nl56,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there might be an issue with the printer cartridge replacement process causing your HP printer 234dw to go offline. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue.

• Ensure Proper Installation: Make sure that the new cartridge is properly installed. Check if it's securely seated in its slot and that any protective covers or tapes have been removed.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Sometimes, firmware updates can address compatibility issues or bugs related to cartridge replacement. Check HP's website for any available firmware updates for your printer model and install them if necessary.
  • Restart Printer: Try restarting the printer after installing the new cartridge. This can sometimes reset any temporary issues that may have occurred during the cartridge replacement process.
  • Check Cartridge Compatibility: Ensure that the cartridge you've installed is compatible with your HP printer model. Using incompatible cartridges can cause various issues, including going offline.
  • Clean Cartridge Contacts: If the printer still goes offline after installing a new cartridge, try cleaning the electrical contacts on both the cartridge and inside the printer with a soft, lint-free cloth. Sometimes, dirt or debris on these contacts can interfere with the connection.
  • Check Printer Settings: Verify that the printer settings haven't been inadvertently changed during the cartridge replacement process. Ensure that the printer is set to online mode and that there are no error messages or warnings displayed on the printer's control panel.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue of your HP printer going offline every time you change the cartridge.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.