Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 5075 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok so how do I uninstall HP Print and Scan Doctor since I don't really feel like mucking around in the registry files and all that? That is a dangerous thing to do unless you are a pro which is something that I am not. It keeps waking up my PC from hibernate/sleep and unless HP wants to pay my electricity bill I would like to have it gone from my machine.

And one more question: why is HP installing files on my PC without my knowledge? I did not accept to install this program and I do not appreciate having my security broken like this. Making it uninstallable is even worse. (please don't tell me to just  delete the folder, like you did in other posts since everyone with basic IT knowledge that does not completely remove the program and I don't want artifacts bogging down my PC)

Thank you and I really would appreciate an answer for my problem.

PS: I already reinstalled the HP Smart and re/uninstalled the printing drivers with HP in them. I still want this program gone from my PC as stated before. The problem is not solved.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Laura238,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you need information on how to uninstall HP Print and Scan Doctor program from your PC . Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps:

UNINSTALL A PROGRAM FROM THE SETTINGS

The second way to remove a program is through your Settings page. Follow these steps to begin:

1. Click on the Windows icon or Start button to bring up your Start Menu
  2. Select Settings, then choose Apps, and click on Apps & features
  3. Choose the app or program you want to get rid of and click on the Uninstall button
  4. Follow the steps to complete its removal

Reference document: https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/tech-takes/how-to-uninstall-programs

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That would be great if that virus (because what you did can not be called anything else) actually appeared in there. It has no uninstaller either in the folder or in the settings-apps (like you said) It does not even appear when I search for it anywhere, but it's definitely there since it keeps restarting my pc (and the command prompt flags it as the only source of the issue and I can find the actual folder where its files are-again no uninstall file there either).

PS: please read the post carefully, i already told you that this thing does not have an uninstall feature, I did search for it and I do know how to install and uninstall programs on my pc.

HP Recommended

@Laura238,

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate your efforts. As the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can you please tell everybody the solution to remove Print and Scan Doctor?

I've just launched it, and it installed a service and there is no way to uninstall it.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello community!

The information in the following link may be useful:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1980013-1980057-16

SofiaML
HP Support Community

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.