Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
deskjet 1515
macOS 12.0 Monterey

i want to set up my hp deskjet 1515. no driver found, they told me to install hp easy start, my printer is listed then i follow the step, u know what? the step told me to download another app called hp smart to finish the driver set up. i install it but since it launch the app cant find my printer, funny because the hp easy start app can detect my printer while the so called hp smart app cant. so where can i find my driver? this smart app is literally idiot.

hp easy start found my printerhp easy start found my printermac can detect it too.mac can detect it too.but this so called hp smart app cant find the printer.but this so called hp smart app cant find the printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @jugijagijuk 

1. First things first,  you must check the USB Cable 2.0 is fairly new and in good condition, and then connect your printer to your Mac computer.

2.  Second thing, download and install HP Printer drivers for MacOS from the next link:

https://updates.cdn-apple.com/2021/macos/071-46903-20211101-0BD2764A-901C-41BA-9573-C17B8FDC4D90/Hew...

3. Then go to Preferences > Printers then Add the printer, follow the steps from the next video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_7N1D_mV8c&t=1s&ab_channel=AndroidTechPark

Click on YES button  to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards, 

ferRX

dodecaedron

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@jugijagijuk

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are unable to connect the printer using the HP Smart app.

Follow these steps to fix the issue:-

Run HP Uninstaller or delete printer folders from the Mac to uninstall the HP software and drivers.

• Click the Spotlight icon , and then search for and open the Applications folder.
  • Open the HP or Hewlett Packard folder.
  • If HP Uninstaller is in the folder, double click it, and then follow the instructions to complete the uninstall.
  • If HP Uninstaller is not in the folder, continue with these steps.
  • Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.
  • Click the Spotlight icon to search for and open the Printers folder.
  • Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.
  • Restart the Mac.
  • Right-click or press the Control key and click the Trash icon, and then select Empty Trash to complete the uninstall.

Follow the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the issue:- Click here

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i download the hp smart from the mac store, i’ve delete, restarted, and reinstalled it. but still no printer found.

CDF8E73B-664D-44EF-AFA7-C0F2A9BB0AA3.png

HP Recommended

@jugijagijuk

Follow these steps to fix the issue

Update your Mac:- 

1. From the Apple menu  in the corner of your screen:
    • Choose System Settings. Then click General in the sidebar, and Software Update on the right.
    • Or choose System Preferences. Then click Software Update.
  2. If Software Update finds new software, click the Update Now or Upgrade Now button to install it.

Update the printer firmware to install the latest updates

Here are the steps:- Click here

Uninstall the HP Smart:-

Delete from /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/HP Smart. Then delete HP Smart from the Applications folder and reinstall from the Mac App Store.

Here are the steps to install the HP HP Smart app:- Click here

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @jugijagijuk 

1. First things first,  you must check the USB Cable 2.0 is fairly new and in good condition, and then connect your printer to your Mac computer.

2.  Second thing, download and install HP Printer drivers for MacOS from the next link:

https://updates.cdn-apple.com/2021/macos/071-46903-20211101-0BD2764A-901C-41BA-9573-C17B8FDC4D90/Hew...

3. Then go to Preferences > Printers then Add the printer, follow the steps from the next video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_7N1D_mV8c&t=1s&ab_channel=AndroidTechPark

Click on YES button  to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards, 

ferRX

dodecaedron

HP Recommended

these screnshots will expllain:

macos up to date.macos up to date.can install printer firmware by web, told me to download hp easy start -> told me to finish the set up using hp smart.can install printer firmware by web, told me to download hp easy start -> told me to finish the set up using hp smart.i've deleted it.i've deleted it.still nothing.still nothing.please understand that the problem is not with the mac, cable, etc bcs the mac settings can found the printer, also the hp easy start can found the printer. the problem is on the hp smart app.

HP Recommended

thank you, finally it worked. not by the so called "hp smart" app but only using this printer driver package. why wouldnt hp just let people to just download this instead of that stupid app. whatever, you all who face the same problem, download this hp printers driver for mac and re-add the printer in the mac system settings, and u good to go.

HP Recommended

Great 😊, nice to know the printer driver package worked !

Best regards,

ferRX.

ferRX_1-1638822184200.pngdodecaedroh.gif

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.