Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As many other users I too cannot update the firmware of this printer. The update is very important as the old web GUI uses an old TLS version and isn't accesible anymore with modern browsers.

The update "OJP8600_N911g-n_2011A.exe" does alway report "Nicht anwendbar" / "not applicable".

Details for product are:

Product name: HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g

model number: CM750A

firmware version: CKP5CN1829AR

Screenshot_20240505_205722.png

Hint: in your fimrware download OJP8600_N911g-n_2011A.exe alls firmware look like this:

CLP1CN2011AR

They don't start with CKP5 but with CLP1 - perhaps HP packed the wring firmware files in that download?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Iakiak,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

Are you using HP genuine ink cartridges?

If yes, you should be able to update the firmware. Let's try again and see what is the result. Click here

You may also, try doing the update directly from the printer.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.