Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Office jet 7110
macOS 12.0 Monterey

My printer office jet 7110 did use to work and after a couple months won’t. It lets me send across something to print but the paper won’t leave the paper tray 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @557875Sam,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there may be a few potential issues causing your HP Officejet 7110 printer to not pick up paper. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot.

• Check Paper Tray: Ensure that the paper is loaded correctly in the paper tray. Make sure the stack of paper is aligned properly and not too thick. Adjust the paper guides to fit snugly against the paper stack.
  • Paper Type and Condition: Check if you are using the correct type and size of paper that is supported by your printer. Sometimes, using low-quality or damaged paper can cause feeding issues.
  • Clean Paper Rollers: Over time, dust and debris can accumulate on the paper rollers, causing them to slip and not pick up paper properly. Use a lint-free cloth lightly dampened with water to gently clean the rollers. Be sure to unplug the printer before attempting to clean the rollers.
  • Reset Printer: Try resetting your printer to its default settings. This can sometimes resolve minor software glitches that may be causing the issue.
  • Update Firmware/Drivers: Make sure your printer's firmware and drivers are up to date. You can usually find the latest updates on the HP website.
  • Inspect for Obstructions: Check for any obstructions inside the printer, such as small pieces of paper or debris, that may be blocking the paper path.
  • Check Sensor: There might be a sensor issue preventing the printer from detecting the presence of paper. Check if the sensor is obstructed or malfunctioning.

By going through these steps, you should be able to identify and hopefully resolve the issue with your printer not picking up paper.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.