Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

What is the maximum weight card stock that the LaserJet Pro MFP 4301FDW can handle? If possible, I  would like to use Hammermill Premium Cardstock 110 LB. If there is a link to a HP spec that would be great. Thanks! ... Ed

Notes:

1. When I access my HP account and bring up the specs for my HP printer based on my registered serial number it specifies the media weights for the originals in the automatic document feeder (ADF) but not acceptable media weights for printing (output).

2. The HP online User Guide for the 4301fdw has a link for supported media types and weights, but it links to a generic support url that does not provide that data.

3. "media.flixcar" offers a spec sheet for the 4301dw (not fdw), but this is (a) dated 2014, (b) for a slightly different model (dw vs fdw), and (c) not directly from HP. The mediaflixcar document that "looks like" a 2014 HP spec sheet states: 

"Media weight 60 to 163 g/m2 postcards up to 200g/m2 HP Color laser glossy photo papers)."

4. If the "media.flixcar" specs are current and applicable to my 4301FDW, which maximum weight applies to 8-1/2 x 11 card stock:

(4a) the 200g/m2 for postcards (because the media is cardstock), or

(4b) the 163 g/m2 because the media is full sized 8-1/2 x 11 (not postcard sized)?

5. If I find a spec in g/m2, there are two different coversion factors for converting media weight in g/m2 to lb and it is not clear which would apply:

(5a) multiply by .676 for text paper

(5b) multiply by .369 for cover paper

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.