Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

When printing 4 x 6 photos, difficult to have correct printings.  Either image is not fully printed as if the photo card is sent too far in the mechanism or jamming for a short span of time, thus providing half or quarter size pictures.  Only one out of 6 photos were printed correctly.  I tried two different softwares and did correctly programmed preferences.  Problems to be of mechanical origin.  Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @LeCobra ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're experiencing issues with your HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 when printing 4 x 6 photos. Since you've already tried different software and ensured correct preferences.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the issue:

• Check Paper Settings: Make sure that the paper size and type settings in both your printer settings and printing software match the size and type of the photo paper you're using (4 x 6 inches).
  • Inspect the Printer Rollers: Sometimes, paper feed issues can occur due to dirty or worn-out rollers. Open the printer cover and carefully inspect the rollers for any debris or damage. Clean the rollers with a lint-free cloth dampened with water or isopropyl alcohol if necessary.
  • Adjust Paper Guides: Ensure that the paper guides in the input tray are adjusted properly to fit the size of the photo paper. Misaligned guides can cause paper-feeding problems.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer on the HP support website. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve issues related to paper feeding and printing.Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Reset Printer: Try resetting the printer to its factory defaults. This can sometimes resolve software glitches or configuration errors that may be causing the problem.
  • Use Different Paper: If possible, try using a different batch of photo paper. Sometimes, issues can arise due to inconsistencies in the paper quality or coating.

Refer to this document: HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 All-in-One Printer User Manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @LeCobra ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're experiencing issues with your HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 when printing 4 x 6 photos. Since you've already tried different software and ensured correct preferences.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the issue:

• Check Paper Settings: Make sure that the paper size and type settings in both your printer settings and printing software match the size and type of the photo paper you're using (4 x 6 inches).
  • Inspect the Printer Rollers: Sometimes, paper feed issues can occur due to dirty or worn-out rollers. Open the printer cover and carefully inspect the rollers for any debris or damage. Clean the rollers with a lint-free cloth dampened with water or isopropyl alcohol if necessary.
  • Adjust Paper Guides: Ensure that the paper guides in the input tray are adjusted properly to fit the size of the photo paper. Misaligned guides can cause paper-feeding problems.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer on the HP support website. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve issues related to paper feeding and printing.Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Reset Printer: Try resetting the printer to its factory defaults. This can sometimes resolve software glitches or configuration errors that may be causing the problem.
  • Use Different Paper: If possible, try using a different batch of photo paper. Sometimes, issues can arise due to inconsistencies in the paper quality or coating.

Refer to this document: HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 All-in-One Printer User Manual

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Many thanks Gaya.  I did try some options mentionned in your reply while looking at a YouTube video where technician did put apart a 8035 printer.   I will keep your reply in my archive for future (???) reference.  Who knows ?  Best regards Gaya.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.