Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

my printer , hp515 colors are printing pink, no red

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @kareem100000 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your printer starts producing colors that are off, like printing pink instead of red, it can be quite frustrating. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

• Check Ink Levels: Ensure that your ink cartridges are not running low or empty, as this can affect color accuracy.
  • Print Quality Diagnostic: Most printers have a built-in diagnostic tool to check print quality. Run a print quality diagnostic test to identify any specific issues with the color alignment or print heads.
  • Clean Print Heads: Print heads can become clogged over time, especially if the printer hasn't been used for a while. Refer to your printer's manual on how to clean the print heads. Many printers have a cleaning utility in the settings menu.
  • Color Calibration: Some printers allow you to calibrate the color settings. Check your printer's settings menu for options related to color calibration or color management. You may be able to adjust the color settings to improve accuracy.
  • Use Genuine Ink Cartridges: Using third-party or refilled ink cartridges can sometimes lead to color discrepancies. Ensure you're using genuine HP ink cartridges that are compatible with your printer model.
  • Update Printer Drivers: Make sure your printer drivers are up to date. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause printing issues. Visit the HP website to download and install the latest drivers for your printer model. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Check Paper Type and Settings: Ensure that you're using the correct type of paper for your print job and that the printer settings match the paper type. Using the wrong paper type can affect color accuracy.

Refer to this document: HP Smart Tank 515 Wireless All-in-One User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.