Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer - N911g

I installed the new ink and now is giving me issue, does not allow for me to print 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Luis162,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector and printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Reseat the printhead up to three times

Slip your fingers into the slot on the left side of the printer, and then pull forward to open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the left side of the printer. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before proceeding.

Figure : Open the cartridge access door

Image: Open the cartridge access door.

1. Slot on the left side of the printer

Unplug the power cord from the rear of the printer. Unplugging the printer prevents the carriage from moving.

WARNING:

You must disconnect the power cord before reaching inside the printer to avoid risk of injuries or electric shock.

Lift the carriage latch.

Figure : Lift the carriage latch

1. Image: Lift the carriage latch.

Grasp the sides of the printhead, and then slightly lift the printhead without fully removing it from the carriage.

Figure : Slightly lift the printhead

1. Image: Slightly lift the printhead.

Reinsert the printhead into the carriage to reseat it. As you guide the printhead into the carriage, it lowers into the carriage as it seats.

Figure : Reseat the printhead

1. Image: Reseat the printhead.

Gently rock the printhead to the left and right to make sure that the printhead fully seats in the carriage.

Lower the carriage latch.

Figure : Lower the carriage latch

1. Image: Lower the carriage latch.

Verify that the carriage latch is down.

Figure : Carriage latch positions

Image: Carriage latch positions.

1. Carriage latch is up

• Carriage latch is down
  • Close the cartridge access door.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.
  • Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Update the printer firmware

• From the home screen on the printer control panel, touch the HP ePrint icon .
  • Wait for the printer to connect to the HP ePrint server.
  • When the printer connects to the server, the HP ePrint status displays.
  • Touch Settings on the bottom left corner of the screen.
  • Touch Printer Update, and then touch Check for Update Now.

You may refer to this document for more details. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.