Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer

I added a new printer to my account, and was invited to HPSmart+.  Since then, my older, but more capable, printer has stopped printing in color. I tried aligning and cleaning heads. no color at all. tried reseating color cartridge, no color. HP Smart app could register my ink levels before, now it is estimating, presumably based on pre-HPSmart+ levels. HELP

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @aviatrix1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like the introduction of the new printer and the setup with HP Smart+ might have caused some configuration issues with your older printer. Here's a step-by-step guide to troubleshoot the color printing problem.

• Check Printer Settings: Make sure that the printer settings haven't been inadvertently changed. Sometimes, when new printers are added or software is installed, default settings can be altered. Ensure that color printing is enabled in the printer settings.
  • Update Printer Drivers: Visit the HP website and make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your printer model. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause printing issues.
  • Restart Devices: Turn off both your printer and your computer or mobile device. After a few minutes, turn them back on. This can sometimes resolve communication issues between devices.
  • Check Ink Levels: Even though the HP Smart app is estimating ink levels, it's still a good idea to physically check the ink levels on your printer. If any of the color cartridges are low or empty, replace them.
  • Print a Test Page: Use the printer's control panel to print a test page. This will help determine if the issue is with the printer itself or with the connection to your computer or mobile device.
  • Reinstall Printer: Remove the printer from your computer or mobile device and then reinstall it. This can sometimes refresh the connection and resolve any issues.

Hopefully, one of these steps will resolve the issue and get your printer back to printing in color.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.