Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

hp ink tank 310 not showing cyan and yellow color in print as well as color photocopy, checked the ink tank level found ok, diagnostics and print and scan doctor also found inktank level ok.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @gopalic10,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP Ink Tank 310 printer is not showing cyan and yellow colors in prints and photocopies, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can follow to address the issue.

• Check ink levels: Ensure that the cyan and yellow ink tanks have sufficient ink. Low ink levels can result in color inconsistencies or the absence of certain colors. If necessary, refill or replace the ink tanks.
  • Run a printhead cleaning cycle: The printhead may be clogged, preventing the ink from flowing properly. You can initiate a printhead cleaning cycle through the printer's software or control panel. Follow the printer's user manual for specific instructions on how to perform this task.
  • Perform a nozzle check: Most printers have a utility that allows you to print a nozzle check pattern. This pattern helps identify any clogged nozzles or issues with ink flow. If you notice gaps or missing lines in the cyan and yellow sections of the pattern, proceed with a thorough printhead cleaning.
  • Deep clean the printhead (if necessary): If the regular printhead cleaning does not resolve the issue, you can try a deep cleaning process. This more intensive cleaning cycle aims to clear stubborn clogs. Again, refer to your printer's manual for instructions on how to perform a deep clean.
  • Check for firmware updates: Ensure that your printer's firmware is up to date. HP often releases firmware updates to address known issues and improve performance. Visit the official HP support website and search for your printer model to find any available firmware updates.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hello users!

We have identified that some of you are having difficulty cleaning the print head to solve the problem, the following video may be useful:

Manually Clean a Removeable Printhead

SofiaML
HP Support Community

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.