Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 All-in-One Printer

The printer asked to change a cartridge so i did, and its still saying it needs to be changes (the yellow) and it wont even let me print in black and white. Ive changed all the cartridges, turned it off and on, unplugged with the cart out waited 60 sec then turned back on and put the cart back in, but nothing is working

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Marjoriedelong ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you've already gone through some troubleshooting steps, but let's try a few more to see if we can resolve the issue:

• Check Cartridge Installation: Make sure all cartridges are properly installed. Sometimes they may not be fully seated or clicked into place.
  • Clean Contacts: Clean the electrical contacts on both the cartridge and the printer. Use a lint-free cloth slightly dampened with distilled water. Gently wipe the contacts to remove any dust or debris.
  • Reset the Printer: Perform a power reset by unplugging the printer from the power source for about 1-2 minutes. Then plug it back in and turn it on.
  • Update Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Sometimes, updating the firmware can resolve compatibility issues with cartridges. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Check Cartridge Expiry: Ensure that the cartridge you installed is not expired. If it's expired, the printer may not recognize it properly.
  • Try Another Cartridge: If possible, try using a different cartridge (even if it's just for testing purposes) to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem lies with the cartridge itself or with the printer.

Refer to this document: HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 All-in-One Printer

I hope this helps.  

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.