Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Good day. I have a Deskjet 2752e. It will not print color ink on acetate/transparent paper. All of my print settings are set to print color. It prints color on regular paper. 

Can someone please help me solve the issue? Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @PepsiFarmer ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're experiencing an issue with printing color ink on acetate paper with your HP Deskjet 2752e. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem:

• Check Printer Settings: Ensure that the printer settings are configured correctly to print in color. Sometimes, settings can default to grayscale or black and white, so double-check that color printing is selected.
  • Paper Type Settings: Make sure that the printer is set to the correct paper type (acetate/transparent paper). This setting can affect how the printer handles the paper and ink distribution.
  • Paper Loading: Acetate paper may require special handling. Ensure that you're loading the acetate paper correctly into the printer tray according to the printer's instructions. Improper loading can cause printing issues.
  • Printer Driver Update: Check if there are any updates available for your printer drivers. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause compatibility issues with certain paper types or printing functionalities.
  • Print Quality Settings: Adjust the print quality settings to see if that makes a difference. Sometimes, lower-quality settings can affect how ink is distributed on different types of paper.
  • Check Ink Levels: Make sure that your color ink cartridges have sufficient ink levels. Low ink levels can affect print quality or prevent printing altogether.
  • Experiment with Different Settings: Try experimenting with different printer settings such as paper thickness, ink density, or print quality to see if any combination yields better results on acetate paper.
  • Test with Different Software: If you're printing from a specific application, try printing from a different program to see if the issue persists. Sometimes, software settings or configurations can affect printing outcomes.

Refer to this document: HP DeskJet 2752e All-in-One Printer User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.