Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Morning, hope this is the correct forum.

Last night was working within LENS running some firmware updates on my Studio X50/70s.  As I was moving about I noticed some changes. ie: the left bar/side of screen now shows you the device, room name and location.

What I have noticed and concerned me is that some policies I created do not seem to be applying now.

I've setup my estate some years ago and used primarily Site Policies - (Device Models)

eg: under Software Update I set the below and all devices received this policy

Brennan73_0-1705052386517.png

Now when I go to a device (x50) to see the policy set on that machine I see:

Brennan73_1-1705052490063.png

Site is now Unknown as opposed to the Site Policy I created and where this unit/room resides in.

I've always had (and still want) strict control on pushing out updates manually myself.

I also see this on the device in LENS as well now on the front page and naturally this has got me worried

Brennan73_2-1705052586679.png

Before I log a ticket with Poly HP anyone else seen this or anyone already aware of this issue and had info from Poly HP?

I see nothing in the LENS service status about this and also received no notification that changes were being made.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I haven't seen this issue, but I've gotten good responses from submitting Feedback using the built in Feedback button in the lower right corner of Poly Lens.

As a workaround, if this is a setting you're applying to all X50/X70, you could try configuring it using the new account wide Android Video Platform Family policy so you only have to set it in one place instead of in each site policy and each device type. It's a nice feature that was recently added.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hello,

Just came off the phone with Poly 2nd line.

The main landing page that was showing to update to latest firmware instead of the version you may have pre-selected has been resolved.  so you should see the correct value there now as I do.

The other issues I outlined is at present seen as a bug within lens.  This is going to be reported back to the engineering team and when they can figure it out etc and what needs to be done, could be a couple of weeks before we see the correct policy settings in the correct place on a device.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.