Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have the hp elitebook 745 amd Ryzen 3500u g6 and when i plug the hp port extender/replicator i see the tv symbol over by the clock for a lan network connection. however if i unplug the =lan cable from the extender and plug in directly from the network hub to the lan port on the pc i do not get this symbol.

so to test this i took another hp laptop and plugged it into that same hub with the same cable and it showed the tv symbol.

i took the back off to put in more memory yesterday and it looks like a card may be missing. as i have wires taped down and not plugged into anything.   i'm leaning on i'm missing the lan card. so can anyone help me with this. see photos

this show the empty space and a card next to it that is plugged in. i think that is the wifi card

20240504_102535.jpg

this is what i think is the wifi card

20240504_102553.jpg

this is the empty space that i think the lan card set it that is missing. and i need some help figuring out what type goes here unless any hp lan card will fit.  i have some older probooks with lan cards so maybe i can salvage one form those pcs thanks

20240504_102609.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.