Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

windows 10 pro

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Rangford,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

To be able to answer you effectively, we need some information.

May I have the exact product name and number? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, To switch on and off Bluetooth on your HP Pavilion dv7, you can follow these steps:

Using the Function Key (Fn):

• Look for the Bluetooth symbol on one of the function keys (F1-F12). It's usually represented by an icon that looks like a stylized "B" or a wireless symbol with brackets.
  • Press and hold the "Fn" key on your keyboard.
  • While holding the "Fn" key, press the function key with the Bluetooth symbol to toggle Bluetooth on or off.

Using Windows Settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
  • Click on "Devices."
  • In the left sidebar, click on "Bluetooth & other devices."
  • Toggle the switch under "Bluetooth" to turn it on or off.

Using HP Wireless Assistant (if installed):

• Check if HP Wireless Assistant is installed on your laptop. If it is, you can use it to manage wireless connections, including Bluetooth.
  • Open HP Wireless Assistant from the Start menu or by searching for it in the Windows search bar.
  • In HP Wireless Assistant, you should see an option to turn Bluetooth on or off.

Using Device Manager:

• Right-click on the Start button and select "Device Manager."
  • In Device Manager, expand the "Bluetooth" category.
  • Right-click on your Bluetooth device and select "Disable device" to turn it off, or "Enable device" to turn it on.

Please note that the exact steps may vary slightly depending on your laptop's specific model and the version of Windows you are using. 

If you encounter any issues or if Bluetooth does not work as expected, I recommend you contact phone support for further assistance. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.