Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Good day! I'm experiencing sudden ping spikes on my laptop model 15-da2225 (my ping jumps to 3500 out of nowhere). Can you provide a solution for this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @epytujk ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand sudden ping spikes can be frustrating, especially when you're in the middle of something important. 

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

• Check Network Connection: Ensure that your notebook is connected to a stable network with a strong signal. If you're using Wi-Fi, try moving closer to the router or connecting via Ethernet cable if possible.
  • Restart Your Router/Modem: Sometimes, network issues can be resolved by simply restarting your router or modem. Unplug the power cable, wait for a few seconds, and then plug it back in. Allow the router to reboot and then check if the issue persists.
  • Update Network Drivers: Outdated or corrupted network drivers can cause connectivity issues. Check if there are any updates available for your network adapter drivers and install them if necessary. You can usually find the latest drivers on the HP website or through Windows Update.  
  • Disable Background Applications: Background applications consuming bandwidth can cause ping spikes. Close any unnecessary applications and processes running in the background, especially those that might be downloading or uploading data.
  • Check for Malware: Malware or viruses on your system can also affect network performance. Run a full antivirus scan to check for any malicious software and remove it if detected.
  • Change DNS Servers: Sometimes, using different DNS servers can improve network performance. You can try using public DNS servers like Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) or Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1). You can change DNS settings in your network adapter properties.
  • Update Firmware: Ensure that your router's firmware is up to date. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Contact Your ISP: If none of the above solutions work, the issue might be with your Internet Service Provider (ISP).

Refer to this document: Software and Drivers for HP Notebook - 15-da2225ne User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.