Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Plus 14 inch Laptop PC 14-eh1000 (77N95AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Recently purchased a new Pavilion, I have not been able to get any performance out of the WIFI (Downloads are 56 MBS uploads are 3.5 MBS). Rebooting helps a little but it's not a practical option. All the drivers are current.  I'm at a point where I bit the bullet and get another laptop. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @RM1021,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

It sounds like you're experiencing slow WiFi speeds on your HP Pavilion Plus laptop. Here are some steps you can take to try to improve the situation:

Check Router Settings: Make sure your router is not set to a lower speed or limited in any way. You can usually access your router's settings by typing its IP address into a web browser.

Move Closer to the Router: Sometimes, physical distance can affect WiFi speeds. Try moving closer to the router to see if the speeds improve.

Check for Interference: Other electronic devices, walls, or objects can interfere with WiFi signals. Try moving your laptop to a different location to see if that helps.

Update WiFi Drivers: Even though you mentioned all drivers are current, it's worth double-checking if there are any updates available for your WiFi adapter.

Change WiFi Channel: If there are many WiFi networks in your area, changing the channel on your router can sometimes improve speeds. You can do this through your router's settings.

Reset Network Settings: Try resetting your network settings on the laptop. This will reset all network-related settings to their default values.

If none of these steps help, there may be a hardware issue with your laptop's WiFi adapter. In that case, you may need to contact HP support for further assistance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.