Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I've been using an HP laptop for a while now, but lately, I've noticed that it's been running slower than usual. It's becoming quite frustrating as tasks that used to be quick and seamless now take longer to complete. I've tried restarting the laptop and closing unnecessary programs, but the sluggishness persists. I'm not sure what's causing the slowdown, but I'm eager to find a solution. Any suggestions or advice on how to troubleshoot and improve the performance of my HP laptop would be greatly appreciated.

zoe
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Slowness of a laptop over time, especially if it is getting so slow as to be nearly painful to use, is nearly always an indication of a failing drive.

So, when you reboot, press the Esc key repeatedly until the HP menu appears and then press F2 to run the diagnostics.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Slowness of a laptop over time, especially if it is getting so slow as to be nearly painful to use, is nearly always an indication of a failing drive.

So, when you reboot, press the Esc key repeatedly until the HP menu appears and then press F2 to run the diagnostics.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much I will apply this to boost up the speed of my laptop. By the way can you tell me the source.

zoe
HP Recommended

I said nothing about this boosting the speed of your laptop.  This is to run diagnostics to see if a failing drive is the source of your slowness problems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.