Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop PC 13-aw2000 (8UY95AV)

My touchpad suddenly stopped working.
Try to update the sympatic touchpad drive. No postive responce. Restarted by device and found Driver for touchpad is missing from Mice and other pointing device, instead warning in HID I2C Deviceses. try to repeat the procedure no change.

can you help me with this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @HaroonPanangad,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing issues with the touchpad driver on your HP Spectre X360 laptop. Here's a step-by-step guide to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the problem.

• Restart Your Laptop: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix minor software glitches. If you haven't already, try restarting your laptop to see if it resolves the issue.
  • Check Device Manager: Go to Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start button and selecting "Device Manager" from the menu. Look for the "Mice and other pointing devices" section. If you see a warning symbol next to your touchpad device, it indicates a problem with the driver.
  • Update or Roll Back the Driver: Right-click on the touchpad device and select "Update driver." Follow the on-screen instructions to search for and install the latest driver. If that doesn't work, you can try rolling back the driver to a previous version.
  • Download Driver from HP Website: If updating or rolling back the driver doesn't work, visit the HP website on another device, search for your laptop model (HP Spectre X360 Convertible Laptop PC 13), and download the latest touchpad driver from the support section. Transfer the driver file to your laptop and install it.
  • Check for Windows Updates: Make sure your laptop is up to date with the latest Windows updates. Sometimes, Microsoft releases updates that include fixes for device driver issues.
  • Check for BIOS Updates: Occasionally, touchpad issues can be related to outdated BIOS firmware. Check the HP website for any BIOS updates available for your laptop model and follow the instructions to install them.
  • Run Hardware Diagnostics: HP laptops often come with built-in hardware diagnostic tools. You can access these tools by restarting your laptop and pressing the appropriate key (usually F2 or ESC) during startup. Run a diagnostic test to check if there are any hardware issues with the touchpad.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and hopefully fix the issue with your touchpad.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @HaroonPanangad,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing issues with the touchpad driver on your HP Spectre X360 laptop. Here's a step-by-step guide to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the problem.

• Restart Your Laptop: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix minor software glitches. If you haven't already, try restarting your laptop to see if it resolves the issue.
  • Check Device Manager: Go to Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start button and selecting "Device Manager" from the menu. Look for the "Mice and other pointing devices" section. If you see a warning symbol next to your touchpad device, it indicates a problem with the driver.
  • Update or Roll Back the Driver: Right-click on the touchpad device and select "Update driver." Follow the on-screen instructions to search for and install the latest driver. If that doesn't work, you can try rolling back the driver to a previous version.
  • Download Driver from HP Website: If updating or rolling back the driver doesn't work, visit the HP website on another device, search for your laptop model (HP Spectre X360 Convertible Laptop PC 13), and download the latest touchpad driver from the support section. Transfer the driver file to your laptop and install it.
  • Check for Windows Updates: Make sure your laptop is up to date with the latest Windows updates. Sometimes, Microsoft releases updates that include fixes for device driver issues.
  • Check for BIOS Updates: Occasionally, touchpad issues can be related to outdated BIOS firmware. Check the HP website for any BIOS updates available for your laptop model and follow the instructions to install them.
  • Run Hardware Diagnostics: HP laptops often come with built-in hardware diagnostic tools. You can access these tools by restarting your laptop and pressing the appropriate key (usually F2 or ESC) during startup. Run a diagnostic test to check if there are any hardware issues with the touchpad.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and hopefully fix the issue with your touchpad.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.