Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 16 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 16-f1000 (508S1AV)

Tired of dealing with this issue but revisiting it to see if there is something new to fix it.

My touch pad is horribly over sensitive and if you have it on single tap to click with your cursor, it over sensitizes the touch pad. Just dragging the cursor across the screen, it will on it's own click a link you go over. It of course stops if I turn off the single tap option off but why should you have to click and not tap? And yes, the touch pad sensitivity is set to it's lowest setting. 3 chat conversations on the issue resulted in 3 different fixes all of which worked but slowly returned to it's previous state after a matter of 10 or 11 hours of use. Obviously HP knows it's an issue if they had fixes but none of which offer a permanent solution. I also have an issue of the cursor "jumping", like typing an email and looking up and seeing for some reason during my typing the cursor jumped to another location. I am seeing comments posted on here with quite a few people complaining about the same thing including on other machines. What are doing about this HP?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @briansmi,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're encountering some frustrating issues with your HP Spectre X360's touchpad sensitivity and cursor behavior. Let's see if we can explore some potential solutions or workarounds.

• Update Drivers: Ensure that your laptop's touchpad drivers are up to date. Sometimes, driver updates can resolve issues related to sensitivity and erratic behavior.
  • Adjust Touchpad Settings: Apart from sensitivity, there might be other settings you can tweak to improve performance. Check if there are options to adjust palm rejection, touchpad acceleration, or other relevant settings in your laptop's control panel.
  • Firmware Updates: Occasionally, firmware updates released by HP can address touchpad issues. Make sure your laptop's firmware is also up to date.
  • Physical Inspection: Sometimes, touchpad issues can stem from physical factors such as dirt, debris, or even hardware damage. Ensure the touchpad surface is clean and free from obstructions. 

It's unfortunate that you're experiencing these issues, especially given the attempts you've made to resolve them. Hopefully, one of these suggestions will offer a more permanent solution or at least alleviate the problem to some extent.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.