Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Zbook Studio G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since the Windows 10 update of OS-build 16299.19 , my Zbook displays the following screen after waking from sleep mode:

WhatsApp Image 2017-11-06 at 11.35.24.jpeg

The only way to get into the notebook again, is by restarting it. 

However, when connecting an external screen, the external screen does work (meaning that it is probably a display driver issue). 

I am running all the latest driver versions of my Display Adapters and monitor. 

The BIOS is up to date. 

The issue never occurred before the Windows update, the newest update of Windows did not fix the issue.

Removing the update does temporarily fix the issue, however since Windows 10 automatically updates the OS, this is not a permanent fix (and of course shouldn't have to be). 

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

I am running into the same issue, is there any help on this yet?

HP Recommended

Me too,

I have even tried disabling / reenabling  the laptop display dirver.  Only a restart gets the display back.

HP Recommended

I have found the solution to this problem, after a long search. 

It turns out that the Intel HD graphics driver version 22.x is the problem. 
Your device manager will say this is the latest version, however it is not. You have to manually update it to version 23.x. (i believe it was this link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27412/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?pr...)

This will probably give you some error, saying that your chipset is not compatible. 

This in term you can fix, by going back to the default driver for Intel HD graphics (oldest one available on your pc) and upgrade to 23.x from there. 

Hopefully you get the job done, if not message me again and i'll try to help you out.

HP Recommended

@svds wrote:

I have found the solution to this problem, after a long search. 

It turns out that the Intel HD graphics driver version 22.x is the problem. 
Your device manager will say this is the latest version, however it is not. You have to manually update it to version 23.x. (i believe it was this link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27412/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?pr...)

This will probably give you some error, saying that your chipset is not compatible. 

This in term you can fix, by going back to the default driver for Intel HD graphics (oldest one available on your pc) and upgrade to 23.x from there. 

Hopefully you get the job done, if not message me again and i'll try to help you out.

This was the solution for me!! Thanks for posting this, very helpful.

HP Recommended

Hello,

thanks for the help, but I don't know exactly how to do this :

"This will probably give you some error, saying that your chipset is not compatible. 

This in term you can fix, by going back to the default driver for Intel HD graphics (oldest one available on your pc) and upgrade to 23.x from there. "

What are the steps to follow ?

Thanks !

HP Recommended

@AlainCX wrote:

Hello,

thanks for the help, but I don't know exactly how to do this :

"This will probably give you some error, saying that your chipset is not compatible. 

This in term you can fix, by going back to the default driver for Intel HD graphics (oldest one available on your pc) and upgrade to 23.x from there. "

What are the steps to follow ?

Thanks !

I didn't have that issue at, here were my steps:

1. Right-Click Start, click on Device Manager

2. Locate and Open Display Adapters

3. Right-Click on "Intel(R) HD Graphics 530" and Click Properties

4. Click on the Driver tab, confirm your driver version is 22.x (we want to go to 23.x)

5. Click the Update Dtiver button and let windows do its thing. It took my coupter about 5 minutes to finish. 

6. Optional: I rebooted after it was complete. Follow the steps above and confirm the new driver version of 23.x is there.

Enjoy!

HP Recommended

It seems to work for me.

Thanks !

HP Recommended

Jesus, thank you, worked for me too ! Tried so many things. Thought it was a problem with the graphic card drivers at first. 

HP Recommended

@MarkozOnewrote:

Jesus, thank you, worked for me too ! Tried so many things. Thought it was a problem with the graphic card drivers at first. 

Amen to that, Brothers and Sisters.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.