Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
I need to connect a Benq Sl705x projector with an xga interface and a resolution of 1024x768 to the Laptop 
HP 14 ep0777nc. I put a reduction to VGA on the HDMI output from the Laptop. After connecting, W11 tells me
that it found a generic Sl705x monitor with a resolution of 1024x768 and that "the device is working properly"
. When duplicating the screens, where I set the resolution to 1024x768 on the Laptop, but the projector display
put an error message "analog 1920x1080 - out of range". The projector will not display anything.
In the specification of graphic adapters, both PC and projector, it is written "screen mode 1024x768" and
"active signal mode 1920x1080". How do I connect the projector? I tried both the advanced setting and
the projector as the main monitor, but the result was the same.
Thank you and have a nice day.
Jiri Metod

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Metod,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're encountering a resolution mismatch between your laptop and the projector. Here's what you can try to resolve the issue.

• Check Projector Settings: Sometimes projectors have their own settings menu where you can adjust the input resolution or signal mode. Check if there's an option to manually set the input resolution to 1024x768 or adjust the signal mode to match your laptop's output.
  • Update Graphics Drivers: Ensure that your laptop's graphics drivers are up to date. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause resolution issues.
  • Adjust Laptop Display Settings: In Windows 11, right-click on the desktop and select "Display settings." Ensure that the laptop display is set to 1024x768 resolution. You can also try adjusting the display scaling settings.
  • Try Different Cable or Adapter: If you're using a VGA adapter for your laptop's HDMI output, try using a different adapter or cable. Sometimes faulty adapters can cause display issues.
  • Experiment with Projection Modes: Instead of duplicating the screens, try extending the display or using the projector as the primary display. You can adjust these settings in the Display settings menu.
  • Try Different Output Ports: If your laptop has multiple video output ports (HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort, etc.), try using a different port to connect to the projector.
  • Check Laptop's HDMI Output Resolution: Some laptops have a fixed output resolution for HDMI. Check if there's an option in your laptop's settings to adjust the HDMI output resolution.

By trying these steps, you should be able to resolve the resolution mismatch issue and connect your BenQ SL705X projector to your HP laptop successfully.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Alden4,

thank you for the comprehensive answer - information. I was tried multiple combinations even compared to connecting to my old aging HP Laptop with W7, where the projector worked. I was finally able to get the projector to connect, if it was designated as the primary monitor without a second monitor. It is a slight limitation of work, but it is a functional solution for me. Thank you so much and have a nice day.

Metod

HP Recommended

Hi @Metod,

Thank you for your response, 

Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.