Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Chrome OS

HP 15 LAPTOP 11TH GEN INTEL CORE PROSSESER 

WHEN I POWERED IT ON THE SCREEN WAS BLANK AND CONTINUED TO STAY BLANK WHILE THE LAPTOP WAS STILL ON NOW ON THE CAPS KEY THE BLUE LIGHT WAS FLASHING 3 FAST FLASHES FOLLOWED BY 2 SLOW FLASHES AND IT JUST CONTINUES  THAT SAME PATTERN A HARD RESET DID NOT SOLVE MY PROBLEM 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @trstock50,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your HP laptop is displaying a specific pattern of blinking lights, which typically indicates a hardware issue. The specific pattern of 3 fast flashes followed by 2 slow flashes could be indicating a problem with the system's memory (RAM). Here's what you can try to troubleshoot the issue.

• Reseat the RAM modules: Turn off your laptop, unplug it from the power source, and remove the battery if it's removable. Then, locate the RAM modules (usually accessible through a small panel on the bottom of the laptop) and carefully remove them. Reinsert them firmly back into their slots and ensure they are properly seated. Sometimes, poor connection can cause this issue.
  • Test with one RAM module at a time: If your laptop has multiple RAM modules installed, try removing one at a time and booting the system with just one module installed. This can help determine if one of the RAM modules is faulty.
  • Replace or upgrade RAM: If reseating the RAM modules or testing them individually doesn't solve the issue, it's possible that one or more of the RAM modules is faulty. Consider replacing the faulty RAM module(s) with new ones. Make sure to purchase compatible RAM modules for your laptop model.
  • Check for other hardware issues: If the issue persists after troubleshooting the RAM, it's possible that there may be other hardware issues such as with the motherboard, CPU, or graphics card.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @trstock50,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your HP laptop is displaying a specific pattern of blinking lights, which typically indicates a hardware issue. The specific pattern of 3 fast flashes followed by 2 slow flashes could be indicating a problem with the system's memory (RAM). Here's what you can try to troubleshoot the issue.

• Reseat the RAM modules: Turn off your laptop, unplug it from the power source, and remove the battery if it's removable. Then, locate the RAM modules (usually accessible through a small panel on the bottom of the laptop) and carefully remove them. Reinsert them firmly back into their slots and ensure they are properly seated. Sometimes, poor connection can cause this issue.
  • Test with one RAM module at a time: If your laptop has multiple RAM modules installed, try removing one at a time and booting the system with just one module installed. This can help determine if one of the RAM modules is faulty.
  • Replace or upgrade RAM: If reseating the RAM modules or testing them individually doesn't solve the issue, it's possible that one or more of the RAM modules is faulty. Consider replacing the faulty RAM module(s) with new ones. Make sure to purchase compatible RAM modules for your laptop model.
  • Check for other hardware issues: If the issue persists after troubleshooting the RAM, it's possible that there may be other hardware issues such as with the motherboard, CPU, or graphics card.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

ALDEN4 thank you very much for the solution that you sent to me. it solved my blank screen problem. i removed the Ram and used clean air  to clean unseen dust and carefully reseated the Ram back into its place and  did a hard reset and now everything works perfectly now. you definitely get kudos from me. Thank You very much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.