Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I took my toner cartridge out of my HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M 428fdw and now I can't get it back in. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Joann1962,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It can be frustrating when things don't seem to fit back together properly. Let's try to troubleshoot this together. Here are some steps you can try:

Alignment: Make sure you're aligning the toner cartridge properly with the slot inside the printer. There are usually guides or grooves that the cartridge slides into. Ensure that these line up correctly.

Orientation: Check the orientation of the toner cartridge. It should match the way it was when you removed it. Sometimes, cartridges have specific notches or tabs that need to fit into corresponding slots inside the printer.

Gentle Pressure: While being careful not to force anything, apply gentle pressure to slide the cartridge back into place. Sometimes, it may feel snug, but it should slide in smoothly if aligned correctly.

Inspect for Obstructions: Look inside the printer where the cartridge goes and make sure there are no obstructions or debris blocking the cartridge from sliding in properly.

Double-check the Manual: If you still have the printer manual, it might provide specific instructions or illustrations on how to insert the toner cartridge correctly.

Patience: Sometimes, it just takes a bit of patience and trial and error. Don't rush it, and take your time to ensure everything is lined up correctly.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.