Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk10000 Laptop PC
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi All,

I have an HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk10000 Laptop PC. Once purchase, it used to show the caps lock and num lock indicator on the screen once the key is passed. Since i re-installed the windows, these on-screen indicators are not showing anymore.

I am on windows 11 now , Can someone suggest me the app name to install to get them back?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @aqeel96,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

To regain the on-screen indicators for caps lock and num lock on your HP Pavilion Gaming laptop running Windows 11, you can try installing the "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows" app. This application not only provides diagnostics for your hardware but also includes features such as on-screen indicators for caps lock and num lock.

Here's how you can install the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows app.

1. Open the Microsoft Store on your Windows 11 laptop.
  2. Use the search bar at the top right corner to search for "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows".
  3. Once you find the app, click on it to open its page.
  4. Click on the "Install" button to download and install the app on your laptop.

After the installation is complete, you should be able to access the app and configure the settings to display on-screen indicators for caps lock and num lock.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi, I tried installing the software app you mentioned but no indicators are being displayed and i am unable to find any options to enable / disable anything from the app. Can you please provide more in detail about where the options are ?

I have explored everywhere in the app but unable to locate any option

HP Recommended

Hi @aqeel96

Thank you for your response, 

This needs one-on-one interaction hence I'm sending a private message to assist you with the next action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Alden4

HP Support6 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi sir, I also have the same problem, can you help me? After I reinstalled my laptop (Windows 11 22H2), the On Screen Indicator for Caps Lock did not appear on the screen. My laptop is HP 14s dq5115tu.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.