Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi all,

Looking for some advice, my HP laptop isn't able to access certain shows Netflix or HBO Max shows when I travel overseas.

Any idea why?

Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Your issue might be related to geo-restrictions imposed by Netflix and HBO Max. When you travel overseas, these platforms might limit access to content based on your location. You can try using a reliable VPN service to bypass these restrictions and access your favorite shows.

HP Recommended

That makes sense, thanks. 

Which VPN is reliable, any recommendations? From my research on these websites ([edit]), I was thinking of getting Nord VPN.

HP Recommended

I think this might be the right solution. 

Regards, Archideal Home.

HP Recommended

Your issue might be related to geo-restrictions imposed by Netflix and HBO Max. When you travel overseas, these platforms might limit access to content based on your location. This concept of restricted access in different regions can be seen as part of what some might call "Vicescapes," where digital boundaries dictate the availability of entertainment and media based on geographical and licensing constraints.

HP Recommended

Hey there! It's because Netflix and HBO Max use geo-restrictions. Don't worry, it's a common travel hurdle. Happy to help you find solutions!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.