Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Deleting the HP system utility

HP Recommended

Rixolino19's suggestion didn't work for me. After I did a restart, the the HP System Event Utility was launched automatically and the caps lock notification still appeared, even though the app settings still say it should 'Never' run in the background.

Also, does anyone know whether the HP System Event Utility does anything that is useful? Is it risky to remove it? For example, this page says uninstalling it may cause some function keys to stop working, but I don't know which functions it mght affect.

HP Recommended

This is related to a recent Windows update which includes installation of an HP System Event Utility which causes the display when caps lock and num lock are turned on and off.   It drove me crazy.  

I have had long sessions with both Microsoft support and HP support, and yesterday HP support figured it out.

Go to System, then open Apps.  Go to Installed Apps.  Scroll down to HP System Event Utility.  Click the three dots.  Choose uninstall.  

Restart your computer.  The notification will have disappeared.

HP Recommended

Stopping the app in background and terminating it worked for me, thanks

It's so annoying that this came all of the sudden and there was no options to disable it...

HP Recommended

The notification has stopped appearing on my screen, even though the HP System Event Utility is still running. So maybe HP have removed that functionality from the utility, or made it optional in some way.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.