Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 360x
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So I bought this laptop a while ago for business, but it ended up sitting unused for a period of over a year. I tried starting it up, and the startup screen stated a com or something was missing. I started it up and the screen kept glitching on and off. I eventually got it to windows starting screen with ctrl+alt+del. When it loaded into windows it was really laggy and open windows would close randomly. It couldn't load a bunch of programs. I tried resetting the pc to clear out any problems, but it didn't solve any problems. This is pratically brand new and was purchased from Sam's Club. I don't know what to do since it is way past the return date and probably the warranty date too. The model number is 15-cr0087cl. This is my second HP laptop, and to be honest neither performed stellarly. But this is seriously concerning. This isn't a hardware problem. This is strictly software issues. The laptop is almost still brand new, and the processor is an intel i5 8th gen with 8GB ram. It isn't state of the art, but it shouldn't take 13 minutes to load up or 2 minutes to open internet explorer. I don't understand software that well, but I have seen laptops that cost a fraction of the price with lesser hardware operate at levels way above this laptop. R

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Just to rule out any hardware issues I would run diagnostics.Immediately after powering on start tapping the Esc key to open the start menu. F2 Diagnostics will be a choice there. Tap the F2 key at top of keyboard and run some diagnostics.

If all passes you  can use HP Cloud Recovery to make a recovery/reinstallation flash drive to do a fresh install to rule out a corrupt installation.

HP Cloud Recovery:

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

So I initialized recovery, and the pc started on the setup page asking me about timezone. Then when hit next, a message about connecting to wifi to update the pc so it would start correctly came up. I connected to wifi and then hit next. It loads the updating screen for a few minutes then. The screen loads again then it starts back at step one where it asks me time zone and stuff again. It keeps looping endlessly. Nothing ever updates, and I can't get it to load. I am doing a hardware check with diagnostics, but I am telling you this is a software error. I don't have a recovery flash drive either, so the built in recovery is my option now. 

HP Recommended

Will it let you start over and skip the "update" part? 
The Recovery USB I mentioned can be created for free using HP Cloud Recovery Tool in the link. Or at least free other than having to purchase a 32gb flash drive.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I tried recovery through the startup bios. It ended up on the same loop. I can't seem to bypass that page. It says "Why did my PC restart?". Then it has an option for next only. I press next, and it loads for a while. Then I go back to the timezone page. It is an endless loop that I can't seem to bypass. I will try a flash drive recovery, but I highly doubt it would work. I did a recovery with the backup on my PC, and then a full wipe. Diagnostics also didn't notice any hardware issues. 

HP Recommended

The main problem I think is the pc is restarting or just shutting off programs at random. It happened a lot before I reset the pc. I would have a window open, and out of the blue it would just close. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.