Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Screen blinking

i factory reset my HP pavilion notebook 6th generation and now the screen blinks on and off how do I fix it

M. Spencer
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @sweetcupcake7,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP Pavilion notebook's screen is blinking on and off after a factory reset, it could be due to a variety of reasons. Here are some steps you can try to fix the issue.

• Restart your computer: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve temporary glitches. Try restarting your computer and see if the issue persists.
  • Update drivers: Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can cause display issues. You can update your graphics drivers by going to the HP support website, entering your laptop's model number, and downloading the latest drivers for your graphics card.
  • Adjust display settings: It's possible that the display settings are not configured correctly. Try adjusting the screen resolution and refresh rate to see if it helps stabilize the display.
  • Check for Windows updates: Make sure your operating system is up to date by checking for Windows updates. Sometimes, Microsoft releases patches that address display-related issues.
  • Boot into Safe Mode: Boot your computer into Safe Mode to see if the issue persists. If the blinking stops in Safe Mode, it could indicate that a third-party application or driver is causing the problem.
  • Perform a hardware diagnostic: Use HP's built-in hardware diagnostic tool to check if there are any hardware issues causing the screen blinking. You can usually access this tool by pressing a specific key during startup (such as F2 or F10) to enter the BIOS or UEFI settings.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.