Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP P7-1235
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I have this HP desktop here that has been not used since 2012 and i need to factory reset it back to the HP factory partition that has windows 7. The partition is there but when i click F11 on startup it just boots into windows and also when i click ESC and it says that system recovery is there and when i clicked it the screen went black for like 5 minutes. Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your laptop has an OEM version of Windows on it, and if you install a version from Microsoft, that will NOT activate -- even if the laptop was running Win10 previously, as the MS version expects a Retail product key, not an OEM product key.

If that happens, you will have to BUY Win10 to use it -- and MS formally ended the Win7-to-Win10 free upgrade late last year, so you can not do that upgrade anymore.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@AustinTech 

More than 12 years old now, the partition could be corrupted one way or the other. Windows 7 is no longer supported. You can install Windows 10 (also will be out of support very soon) and live with it for one more year or so. Please create an installation media and start from there.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

After that, please run Windows 10 updates few times (NOT in one go, say at least 15mins apart) to allow machine to update few drivers.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Your laptop has an OEM version of Windows on it, and if you install a version from Microsoft, that will NOT activate -- even if the laptop was running Win10 previously, as the MS version expects a Retail product key, not an OEM product key.

If that happens, you will have to BUY Win10 to use it -- and MS formally ended the Win7-to-Win10 free upgrade late last year, so you can not do that upgrade anymore.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I know I need windows 10 but I dont have a USB drive and that PC doesnt have internet 

HP Recommended

I have no idea how the recovery partition got corrupted and i havent used it for over 10 years but i will try again 1 more time

HP Recommended

If the factory partition on your HP P7-1235 PC is not working, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try: 1. **Check Recovery Partition**: Make sure that the recovery partition is intact and has not been accidentally deleted or corrupted. You can do this by accessing the disk management utility in Windows and checking if the recovery partition is still present. 2. **HP Recovery Manager**: HP computers typically come with a built-in tool called HP Recovery Manager, which allows you to restore the system to its factory settings. Try accessing HP Recovery Manager by pressing the appropriate key during startup (usually F11 or F10). From there, you can attempt to restore the system using the recovery partition. 3. **Create Recovery Media**: If the recovery partition is missing or damaged, you can create recovery media using HP Recovery Manager. This usually involves using blank DVDs or USB drives to create a set of recovery discs or a recovery USB drive. Once created, you can use these discs or drive to restore the system to its factory settings. 4. **Contact HP Support**: If you're unable to restore the system using the built-in recovery tools, it's possible that there may be a hardware issue or a more complex software issue causing the problem. In this case, it's best to contact HP support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or recommend servicing the PC. 5. **Reinstall Windows**: As a last resort, if you're unable to restore the system using the factory partition or recovery media, you can reinstall Windows from scratch using a Windows installation disc or USB drive. Make sure to back up any important data before doing so, as reinstalling Windows will erase all existing data on the PC. By following these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to resolve the issue with the factory partition on your HP P7-1235 PC. If you're still experiencing problems, don't hesitate to reach out to HP support for further assistance. zakbags.com/products/louis-vuitton-locky-bb-bag-3

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.