Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 17-by1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We bought a  new  17 inch HP with a good processor, reasonable memory  to start- 8GB-and SSD last Thanksgiving for my husband. THe case seemed a bit cheapish and was stiff to open but  we thought (perhaps incorreclty) that HP wouldnt sell something  intrinsically defective.

My husband uses this laptop  as his principal home laptop (not for work but personal stuff)  and in the course of just opening and closing the lid, as is customary on any laptop, over the last few months, the case cracked and broke around each hinge; we see other HP products have also had issues around hinges, and we are just flabbergasted that this seems to be yet another widespread quality issue. The laptop is under warranty and we've sent it in, but wanted to note on this forum that this type of HP quality issue is unacceptable and should be addressed . WE hope someone from HP on this forum will see this and respond.

THanks.

W.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@wpease 

OK.

I don't have anything useful to add.  Smiling.

There is no direct method of initiating a conversion with HP Product design from our Community.

HP does not maintain an official presence on our Community.

That said, 

Request for an Assist

• I will submit a request that someone take a look.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@wpease 

I am unclear what kind of response you are seeking - perhaps an agreement to your plight?

We are a volunteer work force dedicated to helping other owners and users of HP technology and devices.

We do not generally engage in discussions outside of what we can offer in terms of assistance.

In particular, we do not discuss HP policy or decisions made by HP: Doing so serves no purpose for us and is not part of our mission to assist.

HP does not participate in discussions here and has no official presence in our Community.

That said,

Your comments are welcome here as long as they continue to adhere to our rules of conduct.

HP Support Community: Rules of Participation

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks Dragon Fur-. Appreciate the clarification , Was not seeking agreement re plight but the following.

1) I have seen replies on this site to this effect " I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP'. This was in  response to issues raised (on hinges, even) in which  the respondent to the issue -sometimes stated to be HP staff- said they  would contact hp who would then reach out to the poster. By mentioning this issue here I hoped  perhaps there might be a similar reader of the post who would help put me in touch with the department from HP that may actually deal with this sort of hardware design  .2) Input as to whether any other owners of this model had experienced anything similar. W . 

HP Recommended

@wpease 

OK.

I don't have anything useful to add.  Smiling.

There is no direct method of initiating a conversion with HP Product design from our Community.

HP does not maintain an official presence on our Community.

That said, 

Request for an Assist

• I will submit a request that someone take a look.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@wpease

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

sorry didnt know how to accept two solutions as solutions which I think they are in this case.

Appreciate the help, input, and feedback.

Regards and thanks

W

HP Recommended

@wpease 

You are welcome.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.