Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-ek0013dx

When I installed a fresh version of windows 10 22H2 on to my laptop my storages do not show up so now i have windows on a random partition with only 24gb available. When I load the intel rapid storage drivers from the website it just loads for a long time then bluescreens on the windows installer. Im trying to get windows onto the drive with actual space but I just cant figure it out, my graphics card also does not show. If you could direct me to the correct drivers or fix that would be amazing thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@bbrunoo

You can use HP Cloud Recovery Tool to create a recovery usb drive to reinstall Windows. if you use a Windows installation usb dive created from Microsoft download site, you need to add Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) driver to the usb drive to detect the storage drive to install Windows on. And upon completion of the installation, you may need to download and install IRST software to create the Optane volume raid configuration manually to maximize the storage dive performance.

If you use an HP recovery usb drive, Windows will be reinstalled with these Optane things being preconfigured. 

You need a 32 GB usb dive to hold the recovery media and have to download the cloud recovery tool from the Microsoft Store.

Click the link below for how to use the recovery tool.

support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4511095-4511141-16

If you need to run the recovery tool on another computer to create the recovery usb drive, you'll be prompted to provide your laptop's product number, which you can find on the back cover of your laptop.

If you still want to use a Windows installation usb from Micrsoft, let me know and I'll provide IRST driver you need to add to the usb drive.

HP Recommended

Hey there thanks for the reply,

I tried this but it didnt work, i barely have space since the hardrive wont show up (1,6GB) left over after windows. So the program is saying the current available space on c drive is 1.6gb but recovery operation needs atleast 29. Which im not even close to. 

@Tk_srq

HP Recommended

@bbrunoo wrote:

I tried this but it didnt work, i barely have space since the hardrive wont show up (1,6GB) left over after windows. So the program is saying the current available space on c drive is 1.6gb but recovery operation needs atleast 29. Which im not even close to.

What is "this" that you tried? Did you use Windows installation media from Microsoft or recovery media from HP Cloud Recovery Tool?

HP Recommended

Yeah by this I mean what you were saying to do. "So the program is saying the current available space on c drive is 1.6gb but recovery operation needs atleast 29. Which im not even close to." this is all what happened wiht the hp cloud recovery tool.

HP Recommended

Obviously, the recovery media detected the Optane volume only. You need to run a hard drive test in the Hardware Diagnostics UEFI.

Start the laptop and tap the F2 key rapidly to enter the Diagnostics tool then Component Tests -> Storage. If the tool detects the NVMe part of the drive, do all tests (SMART check and short and long DST tests).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.