Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 14 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 14-eu0000 (7K634AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi all,

I have HP Spectre x360 14 2024, when I closed the lid, it doesnt go to sleep mode. The screen will remain on, but it will become touch mode. Any advise  what to do?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Interesting.

Are you closing or opening the laptop.

Closing the screen  of an x360 does not allow access to the touch display, whereas opening it does.

You can easily choose what happens when you close the screen.

Here is a tutorial at a third party Windows website. See the hyperlink below.

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/change-lid-open-action-in-windows-11.3355/

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I have tried the setting above. Sorry for not being clear. What I meant is when Iam closing the lid, it doesnt go to sleep mode and the screen still on (because I can still see the light from the side of the laptop). Then when I open the lid, I can see the taskbar change from the touch mode (bigger) to the normal one. It seems my x360 cannot differentiate between closing the lid or flipping the lid to the back.  

HP Recommended

Thanks for the clarification. It does help.

Follow the instructions in the tutorial at the link that I provided in my last post to change what happens when your screen is closed..

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I have added the option lid close action as per the tutorial, and I put sleep as the action. Unfortunately, when I closed the lid, it doesn't go to sleep. Screen still on. 

HP Recommended

It is unfortunate, but it must be your understanding of English.

I don't know how to explain it to you in Indonesian.

The tutorial is clearly written and explains how to make the changes in what happens when you close the lid (the display) and in concise terms using illustrations.

I am sorry that I could not help you.

You should ask a friend whose understanding of written English is enough to help you.

HP Recommended

Screenshot 2024-05-06 060155.png

Sorry for my English. I have added the power buttons and lid close action as per the tutorial but it will not go to sleep when I close the lid. Thank you for trying to help me

HP Recommended

No worries.

Click Start, then head to Settings > System. From the left pane menu, select Power & sleep. Check the Screen section. If the options are set to Never, you need to set a specified time. If set to never, the screen will not turn off.

HP Recommended

Screenshot 2024-05-06 105016.png

I have setup the specified time. But I believe, this is for automatic turn off after the laptop being idle for that specified time.   What I want is the laptop to go to sleep directly when I close the lid. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.