Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello I ran the Hardwar diagnostic Test during startup and it showed this.

Not sure what to do or replace. I'm comfortable doing it and have hard drive readers if I need to recover my old data I just need guidance.

System Exter
Battery Check : Primary - OK (1)

Processor Check : PASSED

Wireless Module Check : PASSED

Hard Drive SMART Check : PASSED

Hard Drive Short DST Check : FAILED
FAILURE ID : UC7B9A-91UC3Q-MFPW21-60W903

PRODUCT ID : 1KV90UA#ABA
Hard Drive 1- Secondary HDD Bay
System Extensive Test : FAILED

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Ddgtomahawk , welcome to the Community.

Since I don't have the exact model of your computer, I am not certain if you have two hard drives in you computer.  However, it appears to me that you do and the second hard drive (#1), not the drive with the OS, is failing or has failed.  This is the one that you should test again.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

The Model Number is 17-an012dx

HP Recommended

1000002473.jpg

is it this thing? Do you know a common upgrade or compatibility?

HP Recommended

@old_geekster

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Ddgtomahawk!

This is the reason that the model of the computer is necessary.  I would not have responded if I had known it was a laptop.

I am asking @erico to help you further.  I am not certain how to help you.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

That appears to be your SATA 2.5"/7mm hard drive.

You can replace it with a 2.5"/ 7mm NAND  SATA hard drive.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=2.5%22+SATA+laptop+hard+drive&crid=2RK1AYU4QQO9L&sprefix=2.5+sata+laptop+...

You could also upgrade the SATA 2.5"/7mm legacy hard drive to a 2.5"/ 7mm NAND  SATA SSD for a performance boost.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=1tb+ssd+sata+2.5+internal+laptop+hard+drive&crid=2NDLT625S5D0C&sprefix=2....

Does your laptop have a dual disk setup?

Does it also have a PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD installed?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.