Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
9j262ea

I bought this device last week. When I in a game (I only play cs go) I see some cpu voltage drops like 0.92V to 0.06V, and also at this moment i live instant fps drops like 250 to 90. I selected performance and normal mode from omen gaming hub. Ss is in link. Is this situation normal? Every drivers from bios to graphic card are up to date. 

IMG_7472.jpeg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @emreyy,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

It is normal to experience such significant CPU voltage drops and FPS drops while gaming, especially on a new laptop.

However,  Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

Check Power Settings:

• Ensure that your laptop is set to high-performance mode in the power settings.
  • Disable any power-saving features that might be causing the CPU to throttle.

Update Graphics Drivers:

• Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. You can download the latest drivers from the AMD or NVIDIA website, depending on your GPU.

Update BIOS:

• Check if there's a BIOS update available for your laptop and install it. Sometimes BIOS updates can improve system stability and performance.

Check Background Processes:

• Close any unnecessary background processes and applications that might be consuming CPU resources.

Monitor Temperatures:

• Use a tool like HWMonitor or MSI Afterburner to monitor the temperatures of your CPU and GPU while gaming. High temperatures can cause throttling.

Check for Malware:

• Run a full system scan with your antivirus software to check for any malware that could be affecting performance.

Reset Graphics Settings:

• In CS:GO, reset your graphics settings to default and then gradually increase them to see if the issue persists.

Contact HP Support:

• If none of the above steps resolve the issue, consider contacting HP phone support for further assistance. There could be a hardware issue with your laptop that needs to be addressed.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or if you have any other questions.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.