Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-d5000 (4V9X9AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I bought a new Hp Laptop , the battery is draining fast and the fan is noisy and irritating . I tried changing the battery power usage and together with the maxium proccesseor settings but the fan are still noisy . Please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

New laptops use Lithium-Ion batteries -- the same technology as used in smartphones and electric cars. And those batteries are know to get VERY hot when being charged -- so much so that in one model of Samsung smartphone, they caught fire and exploded.

New laptops also generally use a new SSD technology known as NVMe drives -- and those are known to get very HOT when in use. This adds to the heat being generated.

And a LOT more heat means the now SMALLER fans have to run a lot faster and more of the time. So, unlike the older laptops, the fans tend to be on nearly all the time and loud, as well.

There is very little you can do with a laptop to cool it down internally except to buy a laptop stand that includes fans that will draw heat out of the body of the laptop and blow it away from the case. If the laptop gets cooler, the fans will slow down and get quieter.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.