Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0045nw
Microsoft Windows 11

I found out that my WLAN cables are damaged. I checked the internet if I can use my laptop without WLAN module and it's claiming that it's possible. I removed the WLAN module from my laptop and tried to boot. The screen is stuck at black screen, not booting, keyboard isn't working and noticed my right fan pausing a bit while spinning. Can I get any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Warrior_games ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Product. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

It sounds like removing the WLAN module might have inadvertently caused some issues with your laptop's functionality. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

• Reset the laptop: Sometimes, removing hardware components can cause the system to get stuck. Try performing a hard reset by unplugging the power adapter, removing the battery (if it's removable), and holding down the power button for about 30 seconds. Then, reinsert the battery (if applicable), plug in the power adapter, and try booting again.
  • Check for loose connections: Ensure that all cables and connectors inside the laptop are securely attached. While removing the WLAN module, you may have accidentally loosened another connection.
  • Reinstall the WLAN module: If possible, reinstall the WLAN module and see if the laptop boots up properly. If it does, then the issue might have been related to the removal of the module.
  • BIOS reset: Try resetting the BIOS settings to default. You can usually do this by entering the BIOS setup menu during boot (often by pressing F2, F10, or DEL key) and selecting the option to reset to default settings.
  • External monitor: If you have access to an external monitor, try connecting your laptop to it to see if you get any display output. This can help determine if the issue is with the laptop's display or with the system itself.

Refer to this document:  HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0045nw User manual 

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Warrior_games ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Product. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

It sounds like removing the WLAN module might have inadvertently caused some issues with your laptop's functionality. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

• Reset the laptop: Sometimes, removing hardware components can cause the system to get stuck. Try performing a hard reset by unplugging the power adapter, removing the battery (if it's removable), and holding down the power button for about 30 seconds. Then, reinsert the battery (if applicable), plug in the power adapter, and try booting again.
  • Check for loose connections: Ensure that all cables and connectors inside the laptop are securely attached. While removing the WLAN module, you may have accidentally loosened another connection.
  • Reinstall the WLAN module: If possible, reinstall the WLAN module and see if the laptop boots up properly. If it does, then the issue might have been related to the removal of the module.
  • BIOS reset: Try resetting the BIOS settings to default. You can usually do this by entering the BIOS setup menu during boot (often by pressing F2, F10, or DEL key) and selecting the option to reset to default settings.
  • External monitor: If you have access to an external monitor, try connecting your laptop to it to see if you get any display output. This can help determine if the issue is with the laptop's display or with the system itself.

Refer to this document:  HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0045nw User manual 

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Due to no answer when I posted it I just sent it to a PC professionalist. Thank you for helping tho.

HP Recommended

HI @Warrior_games,

Thank you for your response. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accept as Solution on the public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.