Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec1025ax
Microsoft Windows 11

I am writing to seek assistance with a recurring issue I've been experiencing with my laptop. When I wake up my laptop from sleep mode, it freezes and reboots, displaying a blue screen error. The specific error message is "Driver Power State Failure."

Here are the symptoms I encounter:

1. Screen Freeze: First, the screen freezes completely. Nothing can be done. I cannot move the cursor, and the keyboard stops responding.

2. Music Playback: If any music was playing during the freeze, it continues for approximately 30 seconds and then disappears.

3. Cooling Fans: The cooling fans begin to hum.

4. Reboot or Forced Shutdown: Afterward, the computer either reboots itself automatically, or I have to force it to turn off using the power button.

I have researched this issue and found that it is related to driver problems. Unfortunately, I am not sure which driver is causing this issue.

Could you kindly guide me on how to troubleshoot and resolve this problem? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

this is issue is caused by f.32 bios update

HP Recommended

These errors in me even agree, F.32 probably has problems, and I to microsoft, amd and nvidia notified, but they could not help.

HP, please fix, because these errors on pavilion 15 laptops occur

@Subhang is right F.32 causes problems

HP Recommended

Even when I restart the laptop sometimes, it won't even turn on and the power on light is on.

Then I have to turn the equipment off and on again.

When I turned on the laptop today for a split second the fans began to make noise, which is described here in this post.

HP Recommended

I would like to clarify the error here.

Normally when using Windows 11 23H2, a strange situation occurs. In the browser when I watch any video (youtube, or any other website) the video does not play, then it shows a restart message if it displays.

And it comes to two situations:

a) nothing happens and when I click restart in the system, the laptop instead of doing this process will do a black screen and the lamp lights up,

b) the sound hangs, then the taskbar and finally explorer.exe and restart does the same as in subsection a'.

I don't know if microsoft is responsible or HP, so HP employees could you look into who might be responsible.

NVIDIA and AMD drivers are not to blame!

HP Recommended

Yes , this truly happens once in a while for me , if this happens I had to soft reset bios , and also have you seen battery getting stuck at a certain percentage ? 

Dear hp ,If you can't fix it , this can be my last laptop 😔, back n 2022 2021 2020 hp used to be good company and now 

They mess it up and doesn't fix any 

HP Recommended

Battery freezing has never happened to me.

Let's hope we get bios updates, because laptops are getting the latest ones these days from what I've noticed.

Maybe I don't notice when the battery gets stuck.

HP Recommended

I would like to comment, the problems with watching video, and explorer.exe crashes or screen freezes were fixed in my case by the windows 11 update of April 23 KB5036980.

I am looking forward to the BIOS update.

EDIT: The problem persists!

HP Recommended

Yes, I'm also facing that battery percentage stuck issue.

HP Recommended

F.33 bios update

Finally, it's good that it was published.
Let's hope the problems will be solved

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.