Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6-6c35dx Entertainment Notebook PC

Hello, when I boot my laptop I get an error saying Boot Device Not Found. Most solutions I see online have to do with the BIOS or UEFI, but I cannot access the UEFI, and my screen is also broken which means I can only see roughly half of it

. I've tried resetting the BIOS, re-inserting and replacing the hard drive (I put the old one back in after it didn't work), connecting to a monitor in general, and also re-installing windows using a usb flash drive. None of these worked. I can't install windows because there's no drive options to install to, and it won't let me continue setup.

Concerning the broken screen, I've tried connecting to a monitor using both VGA and an HDMI cable connected to a DVI adapter. I assume that there's no DVI signal due to the use of an HDMI cable between the connections, but when I attempt to use VGA there's also no signal. It's not the cable or monitor, as the monitor would say "Check Video Cable" if it wasn't reading the laptop at all. Instead, it says "No Video Signal". 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Please don't combine very different issues into the same post -- as folks here tend to specialize in their interests.

In terms of the boot device, what you read online is incorrect, as this is nearly always the result of a failing drive and s nothing whatsoever to do with BIOS or UEFI settings.

See the following HP Guide for more information:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/ish_3053911-2842957-16

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.