Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

i have no sound on my computer and it is saying that there is no conextant audio device found.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @jlambert2,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your Conexant audio driver might be missing or corrupted. Here's a step-by-step guide to troubleshoot and fix the issue.

Check Device Manager:

• Right-click on the Start button and select "Device Manager."
  • Look for any entries with a yellow exclamation mark. If you see one next to your audio device, it indicates a problem.

Update or Reinstall Audio Driver:

• Right-click on the audio device with the exclamation mark and select "Update driver" or "Uninstall device."
  • If you choose to update the driver, Windows will search for the latest driver software. Follow the prompts to complete the process.
  • If you choose to uninstall the device, restart your computer afterward. Windows will reinstall the driver automatically. If it doesn't, you might need to manually install the driver.

Manual Driver Installation:

• Visit the HP support website or the website of the manufacturer of your audio device.
  • Search for the latest Conexant audio driver compatible with your computer model and download it.
  • Install the downloaded driver by following the on-screen instructions.

Check Audio Services:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
  • Type "services.msc" and press Enter.
  • Look for Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services.
  • Make sure both services are running. If not, right-click on each service, select "Start," and set their startup type to "Automatic."

Windows Troubleshooter:

• Type "Troubleshoot" in the Windows search bar and select "Troubleshoot settings."
  • Under "Get up and running," select "Playing Audio" and follow the troubleshooting steps provided.

System Restore:

• If the issue started recently after a software change or update, you can try restoring your system to a previous point when the audio was working fine.
  • Type "System Restore" in the Windows search bar and follow the prompts to restore your system.

Check Hardware:

• If none of the above solutions work, there might be a hardware issue with your audio device. 

Hopefully, one of these solutions resolves the issue and restores sound to your HP computer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.