Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 640 14 inch G9 Notebook PC IDS Base Model

I have a HP EliteBook 640 G9 with updated Windows 11 and all drivers via HP Support Assistant. It is connected to the HP Dock G5 with 3 external monitors (two on DP cables, one on HDMI cable) at my workplace. I also have another HP Dock G5 at home with two external monitors connected (one on HDMI cable in HDMI port and one on HDMI cable in DP port via DP->HDMI adapter).

In both setups Bluetooth audio keeps randomly skipping, especially when I open tabs in browser and scroll through content of web pages. It does calm down a bit when I do nothing. Interestingly, the stuttering is gone when I use the laptop without the docking station.

I suspected it has something to do with external displays and the docking station, so I tried changing cables. But the problem persists. I also tried different BT earphones and BT speakers. The issue remains unchanged. I tried disabling laptop's built-in BT adapter and used cheap external USB BT adapter - it works fine! But I don't want to rely on 3rd party BT adapters, especially with an expensive laptop such as this!

My older laptop, the ProBook 640 G5 with Windows 10 connected to the same Dock 5 and external monitor setups works without any problems whatsoever!

This issue is horribly annoying and I am unable to work with it. Please help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.