Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

When trying to print pages from web site, the top of the page does"nt print. If I choose to print side ways, the left side doesn't print.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Walt1952,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Product. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To assist better:

• May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

HI @Walt1952,

We haven’t heard from you, this post is in reference to the thread you created on your friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community).

If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family.

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post and give us a virtual followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post.

Have a great day ahead!

Gaya1239 

HP Support

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

The printer is a HP Envy Photo  6255 and I am running MAC OS 15.7 Cataina

HP Recommended

Hi @Walt1952 ,

Thank you for your reply

I understand you are facing a print quality issue. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

There are several reasons why your HP Envy Photo 6255 might not be printing the entire page from a website, especially the top when printing normally and the left side when printing sideways. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Adjusting Print Settings:

Check Paper Size and Margins:

• Make sure the paper size selected in your print settings matches the paper you have loaded in the printer tray.
  • Check the margins in your print settings. Try reducing the margins slightly to see if it captures the top or left side that's getting cut off.

Change Printing Orientation:

• Even though the issue seems to be with the top when printing normally, try changing the printing orientation to "Portrait" and see if that resolves the issue.

Reduce Print Scaling:

• If the webpage content is too large for the paper size, the printer might be cutting off parts. Try reducing the print scaling percentage in your print settings to see if it fits the entire page.

Software and Hardware Checks:

Update Printer Drivers:

• Outdated printer drivers can sometimes cause printing issues. Visit the HP support website and download and install the latest drivers for your HP Envy Photo 6255 model and macOS Catalina.

Clean the Printheads:

• Clogged printheads can cause printing irregularities. Clean the printheads according to the instructions provided in the HP user manual or on the HP support website.

Check for Paper Jams:

• Even a small paper jam can prevent the printer from feeding the paper properly, leading to incomplete printing. Check for any jammed paper in the printer tray and rollers and clear them carefully.

Reset the Printer:

• Sometimes a simple reset can resolve printing glitches. Follow the instructions in the HP user manual to perform a power reset on your printer.

Additional Tips:

• Try printing a test page directly from the printer itself. If the test page prints correctly, then the issue is likely with the printing settings or the website you're trying to print from.
  • Try printing from a different web browser or application to see if the issue persists.
  • If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact HP support for further assistance.

Refer to this document:

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you for trying to resolve my problem. I changed all the settings that you recommended and nothing worked. I did send a picture of the page from my phone to the printer and it did print correctly. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.