Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

How do I reset my password on an HP 5660 all in one printer

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

From a post on Reddit

Connect the HP Envy 5660 printer to a reliable power source and turn it on. Open the Control Panel Settings menu and scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Expand the Support category and go to the Resets menu by navigating to the right. Select the Recovery Manager/Device manager tab. The Recovery Manager tab displays a list that comprises three options.

How to Restore HP Envy 5660 Printer to Factory Settings – They are System Recovery, Factory Reset, and Minimized Image Recovery. Touch the Factory Reset option and the printer displays a warning message stating Are you sure? Yes, No, or Cancel.

Tap Yes and the printer displays three types of factory reset process. They are “Partial, Semi, and Full Reset”. Proceed with the forthcoming steps to perform the aforementioned reset types.

The first method is partial reset that refreshes the printer and clears out unwanted memory from it. This method fixes minor printing issues, slow printing, and ink cartridge errors.

Power off the printer, disconnect and reconnect the power cable, and then turn on the printer again. “Tap # and 3” together on the printer’s keypad.

The screen turns black and the reset process initiates. Wait for few minutes and the printer restarts after the reset completes. The Semi reset clears all the custom settings from your printer.

This method is suggested if the Partial reset fails. Tap the “# and 6” keys on the printer’s keypad together. The settings restore to the factory default version.

The Full reset is the most powerful reset process among the three. It deep cleans the printer settings and rectifies all the functional & operational problems on the printer.

Touch “# and 9” together to initiate the Full reset process. Do not interrupt this reset process, because, the printer might become unstable permanently or malfunction during a print job.

let me know if this works please!

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.